Marguerite Bay

From Openwaterpedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Marguerite Bay or Margaret Bay is an extensive bay on the west side of the Antarctic Peninsula which is bounded on the north by Adelaide Island and on the south by Wordie Ice Shelf, George VI Sound and Alexander Island. The mainland coast on the Antarctic Peninsula is Fallières Coast. Islands within the bay include Pourquoi Pas Island, Horseshoe Island and Lagotellerie Island. Marguerite Bay was discovered in 1909 by the French Antarctic Expedition under Dr. Jean-Baptiste Charcot, who named the bay for his wife.

[edit] External links

Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Annual Recognition
Insurance and Sanctions
Olympics
OWS Conferences
Race Calendar
Travel & Vacations
Featuring
Education Programs
Help
Toolbox
About OWP
Courtesy of