Mermaids are associated with the Sirens of Greek mythology and with the Sirenia, a biological order which comprises dugongs and manatees. Historical sightings by sailors may have been the result of misunderstood encounters with these aquatic mammals. Christopher Columbus reported seeing mermaids while exploring the Caribbean, and sightings have been reported in the 20th and 21st centuries in Canada, Israel, and Zimbabwe. The US National Ocean Service stated in 2012 that no evidence of mermaids has ever been found.
Mermaid's male equivalent are mermen.
- The Most Interesting Man In The Open Water World
- What If Mermaids Existed?
- Mermaid Kariel
- Mermaid Hannah on Instagram
- Mermaid Kariel on Instagram
- Mermaid Kariel Fulfilling A Lifelong Dream
- The Ocean Is Her Office
- Out Of Boredom Comes Aquatic Artistry
- A Mermaid Swim Cap
- Keeping Busy Before And After Swimming