Michele Fast Memorial Swim
From OpenwaterpediaNaples Island Swim is an open water swimming competition, formerly called the Naples Island Swim to be held on 11 August 2013. It is an open water swimming tribute to Michele Daschbach Fast who was killed by a mass murderer in a beauty salon in Seal Beach, Calfornia on 12 October 2011. The event is a swim in support of her favorite charity, the SmileTrain, on 7 July 2012 from Sunset Beach to Seal Beach.
Michele Daschbach Fast
Fast grew up in Atherton in northern California the youngest of six children. The University of California Santa Barbara graduate met her husband Patrick in college and later moved to Seal Beach where they raised their 3 children: Patrick, a senior at UC Berkeley, Laura, a freshman at UCLA, and Lisa, a junior at Los Alamitos High School.
She swam every morning in Seal Beach, touching everyone she met in and out of the water with her smile, sense of humor, compassion and selfless perspective of life.
- 1000-meter out-and-back open water swim along the shore
- 1-mile out-and-back swim around the inner canals of Naples Island
- 3-mile circumnavigation swim around Naples Island
- 3-mile SUP circumnavigation around Naples Island
- 100m Michele Fast Relays in the following divisions: mother + daughter, father + son, father + daughter, mother + son, husband + wife, Loving Couples, and Just Friends where each team member swims 50 meters each
Donations can be made in Michele Fast's name to The SmileTrain, her preferred charity of choice.