From OpenwaterpediaMountain Mermaids is a company owned and managed by Eney Jones, a model, triathlete, patent holder of the EneyBuoy and nationally ranked pool and open water swimmer.
Mountain Mermaids provides coaching services for pool and open water swimmers, it leads swimming adventure tours, designs and sells mer suits, and produces training videos.
The Mountain Mermaid Legend
Once upon a time there was a beautiful mermaid who lived by the sea. One day she went on vacation and met a mountain man. The mermaid and the mountain man fell in love and moved high above the sea. The mermaid loved him but missed the sea. Her skin became dry, and sensitive to the sun. Luckily she met other mermaids living out of their element and a new company was formed. They called it Mountain Mermaids. Remember it doesn't matter where you live but how you live. Learn to swim, be long and lovely, swim fast easily. Wear our suits and stay in the water longer; protect your skin from the sun. No more damsels in distress, don't wait to be rescued... be your own superhero.
- Masters National Champion 100-200-400-500-1500-1650 5k freestyle 2009
- Open Water 5k Champion Perth Australia, May 2008
- National Masters Champion 200-400-1500 freestyle Champion, Portland Oregon, August, 2008
- Aumakua 2.4k Maui Hawaii, Overall Champion September 2008
- Waikiki Roughwater Swim 3rd place 2006, second place Overall 2009
- European Record Holder and Masters Swimming Champion, 2005. Records included 200, 400, 800, 1500 m freestyle
- Over twenty time finalist in U.S. Swimming Nationals, including Olympic Trials 1980
- Gold medal NCAA 800 yd freestyle relay 1979, silver Medalist 200 yd freestyle 1979. United States National Team 1979-1980
- Professional Triathlete 1983-1991. First woman out of the water in every Hawaiian Ironman participated (6)
- Yoga Instructor - Shambhala Hatha and Bikram
- Actually enjoyed a 28-mile swim
- Won the 2010 Laguna del Condado Open Water Challenge at the 2010 U.S. Masters Swimming National Championships