From OpenwaterpediaInternational Winter Swimming Competition (80th International Holiday of the North or the Polar Olympics) conducted by the Department of Physical Culture and Sport of Murmansk and organised by Blokhin Dmitry.
Murmansk is also site of the Murmansk Mile and the Festival of Sports in June. The Murmansk Mile is a 1.2 km swim across Kola Bay in water 4-8 degrees C with currents with over 40 ice swimming participants that is organised by Blokhin Dmitry. The Festival of Sports has more than 10,000 participants and spectators in 11 different kinds of sports.
- The Who's Who Of Extremists Gather At Top Of World
- Mind Over Matter, Swimming 1000m @ 0ºC
- The Polar Olympics In Murmansk
- Murmansk Mile Across Kola Bay Is Totally Cool
- Antartica Circle Ice Challenge: The Goal, Men And Cause
- St. Ninian's Bay To Host International Swim Celebration
- How Tough Are You?
- World Open Water Swimming Association