From Openwaterpediamarathon swimmer and teacher who resides in London, England. He is the President of the Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation and founder of the Eton Camp, an open water swimming camp. He also founded and manages the influential Channel Swimmers Website and the Channel Swimmers' Chat Group that provides a global forum for marathon swimmers and a plethora of resources for the channel swimming community. He was a judge at the 2012 H2Open Awards organized by H2Open Magazine, an award designed to celebrate achievement in open water swimming.
He is engaged to be married to marathon swimmer Dr. Sakura Hingley.
He was inducted as a Honour Swimmer in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame in its Class of 2013 for his outstanding body of work. He will be inducted on 11-13 October 2013 in Cork, Ireland at the annual International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame induction ceremonies.
Channel Swimming Career
Adams has been involved in English Channel swimming since the age of fifteen and was the youngest person to complete a two-way crossing of the English Channel, at the age of 16 years. He has successfully completed the English Channel 8 times including a two-way crossing in 27 hours 28 minutes that qualified him for the 24-hour club. His latest crossings were in 2011 (10 hours 22 minutes) and on 24 July 2012. He has attempted a three-way crossing of the English Channel.
- Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation new website
- Channel Swimmers Website
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- Nick Adams Completes 7th English Channel Crossing
- NYC Swim bio
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming website
- Open Water Swimming website
- H2Open Magazine website
- Updated 24-Hour Club
- Nick Adams Joins The Triple Break
- Oceans Seven List - September 2012
- When Love And Open Water Swimming Mix
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming Water
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Nick Adams Honored By The International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offerings of the Year Nominations
- Channel Swimmers' Chat Group, Offering of the Year Nominee
- Open Water Swimming Camps, Clinics, Challenges and Conferences
- 30 Open Water Swimmers Known By One Name
- WOWSA, IMSHOF Heads To Cork, Ireland
- Sayings From The Open Water Swimming World
- Nothing Great Is Easy, Especially At 8.3ºC