Many Oak Street Streakers communicate their locations and times of swimming through OC Open Water Swims, a nearly 100-person Google Group of open water swimmers dedicated to publicizing open water swim practices and events in Orange County and surrounding areas. Interested swimmers can request an invitation to join via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The group's name comes from the local city street, Oak Street.
A washed-up volleyball called Wilson.
Members and Visitors
The group includes experienced open water swimmers like Lynn Kubasek, Patsee Ober, Howard Burns, Bryan Buck, Scott Zornig, Roni Hibben, Ray Meltvedt, Laura Lee, Carol Hayden, Julian Rusinek, and many others. The group includes channel swimmers, newbies and visitors from all over the world. They do an annual 100 x 100s in the Pacific Ocean at Main Beach in Laguna Beach and occasional ice swims in Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead.
- OC Open Water Swims Google Group
- Open Water Swimming Clubs and Teams
- 100 x 100s Open Water Style
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- A Pod Of Phibbies Led By The Chief Ancient
- Key Advice At The Beach
- 100 x 100s In The Ocean Déjà Vu
- Playful Pod On Peregrination
- Swimming On Leeward Side In Laguna
- The Ocean Provides Endless Abyss Of Opportunities
- Keep Your Head Up In The Open Water
- Birthday Swims, Sets And Celebrations
- The Legend Of Wilson In The Water
- Peer-to-Peer Pressure From Pier-to-Pier
- Anacapa Relays Swim With A Fin In The Water
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- Survivors Fear No Pier Down The California Coast
- Julian Rusinek Finishes 2-Year Journey Between 2 Islands