Patagonia Extreme Cold Water Challenge
From OpenwaterpediaRyan Stramrood (37 years), Kieron Palframan (36), Toks Viviers (47), Ram Barkai (53) and Andrew Chin (41). The unprecedented event was nominated for the 2011 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year.
Stramrood, Palframan, Viviers, Barkai and Chin, all members of the International Ice Swimming Association were inspired by Lynne Cox's book, Swimming to Antarctica and successfully completed three extremely cold-water swims in 10 days: 2 kilometers in the Beagle Channel, 2.5 kilometer double crossing of the Strait of Magellan (4°C) and 2.5 kilometers mile around Cape Horn.
All the swims were done in rough water, against strong currents and in water less than 8°C.
- Ram explains The Patagonia Challenge
- Patagonia Swim Challenge Facebook Page
- Cape Extreme Swimmers
- Open Water Swimming
- 3 for 3
- The Thick Skin Of Open Water Swimmers
- Patagonia Extreme Cold Swim Challenge Does It Again
- Round One Success In Patagonia
- Patagonia Extreme Cold Water Challenge Intro
- The Value Of Safety And Preparedness In The Open Water
- Should Ice Swimming Be In The Olympics? Yes!
- If Ice Swimming Were In The Olympics, What Are The Rules?