From Openwaterpediaopen water swimmer from Auckland, New Zealand. He participated in the 2012 Australian Open Water Swimming Championships in the Champion Lakes Regatta Centre in Perth and is a top-ranked swimmer in the State Insurance New Zealand Ocean Swim Series where he finished fourth overall in the 2011-2012 season series and third in the 2012 State Paihia Classic. He also represented New Zealand at the 2013 FINA World Championships in Barcelona, Spain in the 5 km solo race, the 5 km team pursuit relay, and the 10 km marathon swim.
- Kelston Boys' High School
- Manager/Instructor at Waterhole Swimming Centre Ltd
- State Insurance New Zealand Ocean Swim Series website
- Open Water Swimming website
- 2012 Open Water
- Neoprene Or Not, Trent Grimsey Is Hot
- Trent Grimey Dominates New Zealand Ocean Swim Again
- Australians Head East Down Under
- King Of The Bays Where Blood Is Thicker Than Water
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- Marathon Swimming
- Kane Is Able To Win The State Harbour Crossing
- Competition From Start To Finish At Bay Of Islands
- It's No State Secret, Swimming From Russell To Paihia
- Paige Schendelaar-Kemp Wins State Bay Of Islands Classic
- Jarrod Poort Wins Round 2 In New Zealand
- Top Racing Down Under: Aussie vs Kiwi In La Grande Swim
- Neoprened Rhys Mainstone Wins La Grande Swim
- Green Is To Go, Melissa Gorman Is Back
- Drafting 101 - The Value Of Swimming In The Slipstream
- Can Anyone Win Twice?
- Mainstone Is The Main Man In Mt Maunganui
- Who Will Be King?