noun - Pirate swimmer is an individual who a pirate swim (or a bandit swim or rogue swim) and who does not purposefully pay the requisite fees to participate in an open water swimming competition or an open water swimming charity event, or to attempt a marathon swim, or a channel swim where there is a recognized governing body. It can also be an individual who uses another swimmer's name or a false name to purposefully enter an open water swimming event or charity swim. It also refers to an open water swimmer who purposefully preempts a publicly announced marathon swim or channel swim of an unprecedented course by another swimmer.
- What Is A Pirate Swimmer?
- Prior Planning Prevents Pirate Protestors
- Respecting Attempting Of The Unprecedented
- Why People Lie In The Open Water
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- 50 Things Open Water Swimmer Should Not Do
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- World Open Water Swimming Association