The swimmers expect the unexpected after the race director told them of the winds and rain that will hit the shoreline tomorrow.
Example of Predictable Unpredictability
Most fans did not expect Maarten van der Weijden to win the gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games or Hungary's Eva Risztov to win the gold medal at the 2012 London Olympic Games in the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim.
Predictability of Unpredictability
Nassim Nicholas Taleb on the Predictability of Unpredictability:
- Close Calls In Open Water Swimming
- Expect The Unexpected - Penny Palfrey Pulled
- Open Water Swimming
- Expect The Unexpected - The Open Water Hero
- Expect The Unexpected In The Open Water
- Expect The Unexpected In Unexpecting Places
- Richard Weinberger Expects The Unexpected
- Can Katie Ledecky Happen In The Olympic Marathon Swim?
- Records In Catalina Channel vs. English Channel
- Become An Octopus When Meeting A Black Swan
- Expect The Unexpected With Predictable Unpredictability