From OpenwaterpediaScott Rice and organises the State Beach Series, the State New Zealand Ocean Swim Series, Champ Wag n Walk and the Radiance Devonport Classic.
State New Zealand Ocean Swim Series
The series has six races, with the first the State Paihia Classic, a 3.3 km swim from Russell to Paihia, on 10 November 2012. Two of the other races are held in Auckland including the State Harbour Crossing while Wellington, Akaroa, and Mount Maunganui host a race.
To be eligible for the prize money, each swimmer must compete in three of the six events. The winner of each race will receive 100 points, with the remaining competitors awarded points as a percentage of the winner’s time. The series will conclude with double points on offer for the final event, the State King of the Bays on 6 April 2013.
- State New Zealand Ocean Swim Series
- Queens Of The Sea Take To The King Of The Bay
- King Of The Bay Gets Rich
- Growth On Terra Firma Mirrors That Of The Open Water
- 10 For 10 At The New Zealand Ocean Swim Series
- Sir John Kirwan Completes State Harbour Crossing
- Kane Radford Sprints To 5th Victory In 6 Races
- Charlotte Webby Dominates State Harbour Crossing