noun - Referee or head referee is the designated individuals who judge open water races based on the established rules set by FINA or the race director. Referees can be located at the start, turns, finishes and/or on escort boats along the course.
The referee gave a yellow card to the swimmer after observing the second rule infraction.
1605–15; REFER + -EE
- Open Water Swimming
- Seeing Red In The Open Water. What Is A Red Card?
- Should Ice Swimming Be In The Olympics? Yes!
- If Ice Swimming Were In The Olympics, What Are The Rules?
- Colin's Conundrum If Ice Swims Were In The Olympics
- 100 New Year's Resolutions For Open Water Swimmers
- FINA Officials Behind The Scenes: John West, José Veloso