Ron Collins is an American pool and open water swimmer, coach and race director of open water swimming competitions and charity swims. Collins was the first person to swim across Tampa Bay in 1998. He is the race director and founder of the 24-mile Tampa Bay Marathon Swim. Together with his wife Rebecca Collins, he is also the co-founder and race director of the Swim Across America Tampa Bay, a charity swim that is part of the Swim Across America program, and the Open Water Boot Camp in Clearwater, Florida.
He also achieved the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming on 10 September 2013 when he completed the Catalina Channel after completing the Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in 2002, and the English Channel in 2004.
- Tampa Bay Marathon Swim website
- 30 Open Water Swimmers Known By One Name
- Tampa Bay Makes Waves To Fight Cancer
- Swim Across America, Inc. Official Website
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- List Of Marathon Swims Around The World
- Doug McConnell Digs Deep vs. A Zillion Little Barbs
- Distance Matters In Tampa Bay
- Expect The Unexpected In Tampa Bay
- Dealing With Insomnia Before Getting In The Open Water