She also won a gold in the 100-meter freestyle and 400-meter relay and a silver in the medley relay at the 1971 Pan American Games. She set 3 world records in relays during her career and 4 American records. She won 2 AAU National Championship titles and 2 AIAW Championship titles.
She manages the pool competitions and open water swimming events sanctioned and organized by the American Swimming Association together with her husband Dr. Keith Bell. Whether it was in the pool or open water, she helped redefine what an adult swimmer can do in the pool and open water swimming. At the age of 28, she swam more than a second under her 1972 Olympic record time of 58.59. "I want to swim as fast as I can for as long as I can."
American Swimming Association Open Water Events
- May — The Money Box Cap 2k Open Water Race & Pledge Swim, Lady Bird Lake, Austin, Texas
- May — ASA Open Water Swimming Texas High School State Championships, Lady Bird Lake, Austin, Texas
- July — Deep Eddy Mile, Deep Eddy Pool, Austin, Texas
- September — World Championship of Texas 3-on-3 Swimming Tournament, Austin, Texas
- October — ASA Open Water Swimming Collegiate National Championships, Lake Travis, Texas
- October — Lake Travis Relay, Lake Travis, Texas
- October — Tex Robertson Highland Lakes Challenge, Highland Lakes, Texas
- October — Lake Buchanan Open Water Swims, 1-mile & 4-mile
- October — Tex's Darn Challenge Open Water Swims, 1-mile & 3.2 mile
- October — Lake LBJ Open Water Swims, 1-mile & 2-mile
- October — Lake Marble Falls Open Water Swims, 1-mile & 3-mile
- October — Lake Travis Open Water Swims, 1-mile & 3.6-mile
- November — Dam 5k, Mansfield Dam Park, Lake Travis, Texas