Santa Barbara Island
From OpenwaterpediaChannel Islands off the coast of Southern California. It is 37.7 miles (32.8 nm or 60.6 km) to Point Dume, or 40 miles (64.3 km) to Point Vicente.
Penny Palfrey pioneered this swim in 2009, finishing at Point Vicente in 17 hours, 53 minutes.
Julian Rusinek Scholarship
The Julian Rusinek Scholarship, funded by American open water swimmer Julian Rusinek, helps underwrite the costs of channel swim attempts by deserving American marathon swimmers across and between the San Miguel Island, Santa Rosa Island, Santa Cruz Island, Anacapa Island, San Nicolas Island, Santa Barbara Island, and San Clemente Island.
- Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association
- Will A SEAL Be Able To Follow Penny Palfrey?
- Blue And White And Perhaps Red All Over
- Swimming With Bait Balls
- Phil Cutti, Lead-off Man For Nighttrain228
- Prequel To Sequel
- Rough And Tough. No Guts, No Glory
- Night Train Swimmers Rocking Into Their Second Night
- Monday Monday, If You Can Believe Your Eyes And Ears
- Follow A SEAL Across The Pacific
- Generosity From Julian, Swimming In Santa Barbara
- A Big Swim Through A Marine Sanctuary