Santa Rosa Island
From OpenwaterpediaChannel Islands off the coast of Southern California. It is 27.5 miles (23.9 nm or 44.2 km) from Santa Rosa Island to Coal Oil Point in Goleta on the California coast. A swim across this channel has been conquered only once, by Marc Lewis in 2008 (15 hours 46 minutes). A 3.6-mile channel swim between Santa Rosa Island and San Miguel Island has been conquered once by Julian Rusinek in 2013 in 2 hours 25 minutes.
Julian Rusinek Scholarship
The Julian Rusinek Scholarship, funded by American open water swimmer Julian Rusinek, helps underwrite the costs of channel swim attempts by deserving American marathon swimmers across and between the San Miguel Island, Santa Rosa Island, Santa Cruz Island, Anacapa Island, San Nicolas Island, Santa Barbara Island, and San Clemente Island.
- Santa Rosa Island
- Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association
- The First Attempt From San Miguel To Santa Rosa
- The Crossing By Lewis And Lewis
- The Night Before And The Wind Is Howling
- Julian Rusinek Finishes 2-Year Journey Between 2 Islands
- Generosity From Julian, Swimming In Santa Barbara
- A Big Swim Through A Marine Sanctuary