State New Zealand Ocean Swim Series
The series has six races, with the first the State Paihia Classic, a 3.3 km swim from Russell to Paihia, on 10 November 2012. Two of the other races are held in Auckland including the State Harbour Crossing while Wellington, Akaroa (State Le Grande Swim), and Mount Maunganui host a race.
To be eligible for the prize money, each swimmer must compete in three of the six events. The winner of each race will receive 100 points, with the remaining competitors awarded points as a percentage of the winner’s time. The series will conclude with double points on offer for the final event, the State King of the Bays on 6 April 2013.
- New Zealand Ocean Swim Series
- No State Secret - New Zealand Ocean Swim Series
- A Turn For The Worse Leads To Victory By Cara Baker
- Trent Grimey Dominates New Zealand Ocean Swim Again
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Kane Was More Than Able
- Melissa Gorman Right In The Mix...Among The Top Men
- http://dailynews.openwaterswimming.com/2013/04/queens-of-sea-take-to-king-of-bay.html Queens Of The Sea Take To The King Of The Bay]
- King Of The Bay Gets Rich
- Growth On Terra Firma Mirrors That Of The Open Water