Seattle is a city in Washington, US located on the Puget Sound.
Seattle Municipal Code - Open Water Swimming
Municipal code regulates swimming along shorelines in Seattle. There are two sections of the Seattle Municipal Code (SMC) that address this activity. SMC 16.28.010 indicates that swimming is prohibited except:
- 1. in designated swimming areas
- 2. within 50 feet from shore, unless the swimmer is accompanied by a boat which is within 25 feet of the swimmer
SMC 18.12.180 states that watercraft cannot operate within 75 feet of a swimming beach, and powered watercraft cannot operate within 300 feet of a swimming beach.
Seattle Open Water Swimming beaches
- 1. Alki Beach - Puget Sound
- 2. Golden Gardens - Puget Sound
- 3. Seward Park - Lake Washington