From Openwaterpediaopen water swimmer who has been swimming since high school and member of the Night Train Swimmers. Originally from Sonoma, California Shannon is a graduate of Cal Poly and University of San Francisco. She was a dancer for 12 years before she became an endurance athlete. She runs several marathons a year, recently completed Ironman Canada, and will attempt her first Ultramarathon this fall.
Navarro is part of the Sueño 88, a group of 6 open water swimmers who will attempt to swim 88 nautical miles (101 miles of 163 km) across the Sea of Cortez from the Baja California peninsula to the mainland of Mexico. Sueño 88 is an initiative by the Night Train Swimmers and Swim4Good, two organizations that use swimming as a vehicle to raise money for non-profit organizations and includes David Ogden, Mauricio Prieto, Luane Rowe, Richard Ernst, Shannon Navarro, Susan Moody Prieto, and Vito Bialla (escort boat captain).
Sueño 88 Video
- Sueño 88
- Night Train Swimmers
- World Reader
- 6 To Go 88 Across Sea Of Cortez
- Sueño 88 Logistics Across The Sea Of Cortez
- The Sueño Six Go For 88
- The Prequel To An Unprecedented Swim
- Hydrating With Carbo-Pro For 50 Hours Of Swimming
- Dr. Richard Ernst Packs And Prepares For Sueño 88
- Night Train Swimmers Receive Dolphin Escort
- Nature Nixes Night Train, Sea Sinks Sueño
- When Things Go South, Vito Bialla Looks Up
- A Swimmer’s Account Across The Sea Of Cortez