From OpenwaterpediaShark Shield™ is a unique shark deterrent system by Shark Shield Pty Ltd that offers a technologically advanced three dimensional electrical wave form. Shark Shield™ technology is available for recreational users and water sports professionals to help all people enjoy the water with a new dimension – peace of mind; for themselves, their families and employees.
Shark Shield™ was invented by the South African Government through the Natal Shark Board, home to some of the sharkiest waters in the world. It is used by the Australian Elite Military, the South African Navy the US Coast Guard and is also approved by NATO.
Shark Shield’s can be used when participating in any ocean activities including surfing, bodyboarding, longboarding, snorkelling, scuba diving, free diving, spear fishing, commercial diving, kayaking, ocean swimming and boating or fishing.Shark Shield‘s provide protection against all predatory shark species including Great Whites, Tigers, Zambezis (Bulls), Makos, Bronze Whalers, among others.
Its shark repellent products repel the sharks via an electric field that induces spasms in the sharks’ snouts. It does not attract sharks to the area or leave permanent damage to the animals, or harm the environment. Its products are proven to prevent shark attacks.
- Shark Shield™ website
- Swimming with Hammerhead Sharks
- Open Water Swimming website
- Look Behind And Below You In The Open Water
- Kids Can Say The Cutest Things
- Official Log Of Jennifer Figge's Atlantic Traverse
- Old School Shark Shield
- Theodore Yach Making A Point About The Cape
- Big Dreams And Tiny Boats Across The Maui Channel
- 50 Things Open Water Swimmer Should Not Do
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- World Open Water Swimming Association