From OpenwaterpediaMission Viejo Nadadores in Southern California who has been creating and coaching champion swimmers in the pool and open water for five decades. She was a recipient of the World Open Water Swimming Association's Lifetime Achievement Award in 2010. She is married to Bill Rose, head coach of the Mission Viejo Nadadores.
Her age-group swimmers have set 25 national records over the course of her career. She has also coached at numerous USA Swimming Zone camps, All-Star camps and All-Star meets.
Open Water Swimmers
Rose also coached many record-setting marathon swimmers in the Catalina Channel including former English Channel record holder Penny Dean, Catalina Channel record holder John York and the first person to have completed a circumnavigation around Catalina Island, Cindy Cleveland. She continues to inspire interest in open water swimming with age-group swimmers and their parents.
- Mission Viejo Nadadores
- Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Open Water Swimming website
- Open Water Is Not An Old Mission At Mission Viejo
- Inner Thoughts Of A Channel Coach
- Swimming Fast And Slow With Stops Between
- Ocean Beginnings For Abby O'Sullivan
- Running Start, Fast Finish At Seal Beach
- Enjoying Seal Beach Rough Water Swim
- Generations Across Open Water Swimming