Slaven Šitić (born 18 March 1965 in Split) is the father and swimming coach of Karla Šitić, a professional marathon swimmer from Croatia. She qualified for the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim at the 2012 London Olympics and won 12th place. He is also father and coach of Ivana Sitic who competes on the FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix circuit.
Slaven Šitić was winner of the Faros Maratón in 1984 and was third in 1980 and 1982.
Today he is Croatian Long Distance Swimming Federation National Team Head Coach and President of the Long Distance Swimming Club SPLIT. He is also an engineering professor specializing in welding. He has about 50 students in a 3-year program that prepares them for projects for Audi and Ferrari. His engineering prowess has enabled him to create all kinds of things including a boat and a 2-person submarine. He also started a sailing team about 10 years and coaches at an open water swimming camp in Croatia together with Josip Aralica, Jakša Arambašić, and Dražen Adžić.
- Camps In Croatia, Open Water Continues To Grow
- Faros Maratón Swim
- Croatian Long Distance Swimming Federation
- Coaches Of The Olympic Marathon Swimmers Men
- Coaches Of The Olympic Marathon Swimming Women
- Olympic 10km Marathon Swim Summary and Predictions
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Slaven Šitić, Paternastically Speaking Swimming