South with the Sun: Roald Amundsen, His Polar Explorations, and the Quest for Discovery'
From OpenwaterpediaLynne Cox about Roald Amundsen, the polar explorer who was the first to reach the South Pole (in 1911). The book honors the 100th anniversary of his triumph.
Lynne Cox (born 1957) is an American extreme open water swimmer, motivational speaker, and writer. She was inducted in both the International Swimming Hall of Fame and the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame as an Honour Swimmer. The asteroid 37588 Lynnecox was named in her honor (Asteroid, Asteriod).
Her book about the experience of swimming in Antarctica was described in Swimming to Antarctica published in 2004. Her second book, Grayson, details her encounter with a lost baby gray whale during an early morning workout off the coast of California. It was published in 2006. The third book South with the Sun was published in 2011.
- South with the Sun: Roald Amundsen, His Polar Explorations, and the Quest for Discovery
- CBS News on the Antarctic swim
- Lynne Cox Official website
- Lynne Cox Profile Page - Video clip, book listings, speaking topics
- Lynne Cox reading Grayson online multimedia e-book (Chapter 1)
- Lake Titicaca swim
- Miracle on Lake Baikal
- People Who Changed The World Of Open Water Swimming
- The Time Is Now, The Choice Is Yours
- 30 Open Water Swimmers Known By One Name
- WOWSA, IMSHOF Heads To Cork, Ireland
- Conquistador Sails Strait Like Magellan
- Anticipating And Dealing With The Cold
- Do You See In The Open Water Or Do You Observe?
- Greatest Feeling In The World Outside Your Comfort Zone
- ESPN Outside The Lines
- The Perfect Female Open Water Swimmer
- The Boys Will Bring Us Home...Across The Bering Strait
- People Open Water Swimmers Look Up To
- Amanda Horton Gets Inspired