He has over 13 years of recorded professional experience from expedition leading, to guide training. He has performed rescues throughout the oceans and rivers of the world. Haumschild holds First Aid, CPR, National Association of Search and Rescue (NASAR), Wilderness First Responder (inactive). He is one of few experienced escort kayakers for the Ka'iwi (Molokai) Channel.
He is also the co-race director of the 26-mile (42 km) Ka'iwi Channel Swim between the islands of Molokai and Oahu in Hawaii, along with Jeff Kozlovich. He helped escort Leahi Camacho across the Molokai Channel on 17 August 2013.
Video of Molokai Channel Crossing
- Kimberley Chambers, Lead Safety Kayaker for a Molokai Channel crossing
- Penny Palfrey, Safety Kayaker for a world record swim across the Molokai Channel
- Darren Miller, Safety Kayaker for a Molokai Channel crossing
- Beth French, Lead Safety Kayaker for a 24-hour Molokai Channel crossing
- Upper Gauley River trip leader
- Guided Climb on Mt McKinley/Denali- Summit
- Mauna Loa Snowkiting experience
- Hamakua Coast Survival Kayaking expedition
Hawaii Hawaiian escort kayak Moloka'i (Ka'iwi) Channel