From OpenwaterpediaWaikiki Swim Club and the University of Hawaii Masters Swim Club. On November 30, 2013 he returned to where he started at D.T. Fleming Beach Park on the West side of Maui as the only person ever to consecutively swim both ways across the Pailolo Channel (double cross) and the third person to ever swim from Molokai to Maui. He departed earlier that morning in the dark and completed the nearly 19-mile swim in 11 hours and 10 minutes.
Dr. Minaglia also crossed the 9.3-mile Kalohi Channel in 5 hours 48 minutes with Craig Coombs (6 hours 6 minutes) of the South End Rowing Club in San Francisco and Scott Harvey M.D. (5 hours 48 minutes) between the Hawaiian islands of Molokai and Lanai on 12 May 2012 and the 9-mile Pailolo Channel from the island of Maui to the island of Molokai on 4 February 2012. They departed at DT Fleming Beach on Maui at 6:42 am and finished on Molokai just over 6 hours later.
Prior to the above channel crossings, Dr. Minaglia swam the 8.9-mile (14.3K) Auau Channel channel from the island of Maui to the island of Lanai on September 4th, 2011, one day after competing in the Annual Maui Channel Swim. He departed near Mala Wharf on Maui at 7:00 am and finished on Lanai just over 5 hours later.
List of open water races (distance 5000m or more):
- 2009 Waikiki Double Rough Water, Honolulu, Hawaii
- 2010 Waikiki Double Rough Water, Honolulu, Hawaii
- 2011 Waikiki Double Rough Water, Honolulu, Hawaii
- 2012 2XU Pier to Pier Invitational, Hong Kong SAR, China
- 2012 Waikiki Double Rough Water, Honolulu, Hawaii
List of channel crossings
- 2011 Auau Channel, Maui to Lanai, Hawaii
- 2012 Pailolo Channel, Maui to Molokai, Hawaii
- 2012 Kalohi Channel, Molokai to Lanai, Hawaii
- 2013 Pailolo Channel (Double Cross), Maui to Molokai to Maui, Hawaii