From OpenwaterpediaUSA Swimming National Team during the 1990's. He won silver medals at the 1994 Goodwill Games, 1995 World University Games and the 1999 Pan American Games.
As the U.S. Masters Swimming level, he broke the FINA Masters World Record (35-39 age division) in both the 100 and 200 short course meter breaststroke. At the U.S. Masters Short Course Championships in April, he won five events and set U.S. Masters records in the 50, 100 and 200 yard breaststroke for the 40-44 age group and was the oldest male to qualify for the USA Olympic Swimming Trials.
 Total Immersion in the English Channel
The Total Immersion in the English Channel is an international 6-member relay team sponsored by Terry Laughlin of Total Immersion that will attempt a one-way crossing of the English Channel under the auspices of the Channel Swimming Association in the first week of August.
- Christof Wandratsch
- Kirsten Cameron
- Steve West
- Bernie Zeruhn
- Andrew Chamberlain
- Dave Warren
- Colin Hill (alternate swimmer)
- Simon Griffiths (alternate swimmer)
- Steven Munatones (alternate swimmer)
- Wayne Soutter (team leader)
- Terry Laughlin (sponsor representative)
- Elivar Sports Nutrition (sponsor)
- Total Immersion (sponsor)
- Over 40s team to try for English Channel relay record
- Project Insight
- Steve West Relishes In The Fountain Of Youth
- The 40-year-old Swimmer
- Baby Boomers Looking To Test Time
- The Boys Are Back
- Channel Swimming Association
- Why 6 In The English Channel And On Open Water Relays?
- Swim DMC Wins Nadadores Rough Water Swim
- Preparing To Endure With Elivar
- When A Lady Pushes The Men