A support swimmer is permitted only on solo swims in the English Channel by the Channel Swimming Association at the discretion of the pilot. Only one support swimmer is allowed in the water at one time. Support swimmers are not permitted to enter the water until the swim is at least 2 hours underway. Support swimmers are permitted to swim for up to one hour only and can only re-enter the water until another hour has passed.
In the Catalina Channel, support swimmers are allowed at any time during any or all part of the swim.
- Inconsistent Rules In Marathon Swimming
- Jammin' Fast In The Open Water
- Wetsuits, Tech Suits, Swimsuits - Which Is Which?
- Rules And Regulations Across The Seven Seas
- Hallucinations In The Open Water Swimming World
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- I Got Stung
- Expect The Unexpected Déjà Vu
- 50 Things Open Water Swimmer Should Not Do
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- Great Plans For The Great Lake Swim