From Openwaterpedialifeguard who provides support shore-side or in the water at open water swimming events, especially for individuals who are nervous, newbies or inexperienced about swimming in open bodies of water.
Swim angels are individuals who generally volunteer their time and talents to help other swimmers less capable and confident in their abilities in open bodies of water.
Swim Free Angels
Swim angels can also be volunteers with the Swim Free Angel™, an initiative by Swim Free, a New York-based non-profit organization, to comfort people young and old in and around the water, offering encouragement and coping mechanisms. The Swim Free Angels™ currently offer their help at swim pools around the New York City area and provide support shore-side and in the water at multiple NYC Swim events and the Westchester Triathlon and the 2011 Nautica NYC Triathlon.
The swim angels swam with the blind swimmers the entire swim leg of the triathlon.
- Swim Free
- NYC Swim
- Swim Free Lives Up To Its Name
- People Open Water Swimmers Look Up To
- Pam Lazzarotto, A Swim Angel In Disguise
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Swim Angels Make Everything Better
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Mark Rew, Open Water Swimmer Through And Through