Triangle Open Water Swim Series
Triangle Open Water Swim Series is a 3-race open water swim series in the Raleigh, North Carolina area. Each race consists of a 1- or 1.2- and 2- or 2.4-mile race and is one of the America's Top 100 Open Water Swims. The series kicked off in 2009 with three 1-mile swims.
- 11 May 2013 - Jordan Lake Open Water Challenge (Vista Point)
- 21 July 2013 - The Little Uno and the Big Deuce (New Hope Overlook)
- 14 September 2013 - Triangle Open Water Swim Championship (Vista Point)
Sanctioning and insurance
Participants must be 13 or older to compete.
Wetsuits are allowed when the water is below 78ºF. They will not be allowed/score over 78ºF.
Entry fees are US$27 until 2 weeks prior to the event (US$30/$40 for the final event), and US$35/45 thereafter.
50% of your entry fee will be refunded up to 14 days prior to the event. No refunds will be issued for any reason after 14 days. Event entries are not transferable between persons, events or years. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to these refund terms. To request a refund you must complete the refund request form using this link .
In the event of inclement weather the following procedures will be followed:
1. The event will be delayed 45 minutes in hopes the inclement weather will pass.
2. If inclement weather does not pass in 45 minutes, the swim will be cancelled. Registered swimmers will receive a 50% credit to another 2012 swim. No refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
3. If the event is cancelled due to inclement weather prior to event weekend, no refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather. Registered swimmer will receive a 50% credit to another 2012 swim.
The top three males and females will receive overall awards. The top 3 in 5-year age-group categories will receive awards (no duplication).
Specially designed t-shirts will be given to competitors who sign up 2 weeks prior. We will do our best to provide t-shirts to everyone who signs up, but if you sign up in the last two weeks we won't guarantee a t-shirt.
Entries are limited to the first 350 entrants per event in 2013.
There are no make-up dates. We will only cancel an event if absolutely necessary for the safety of participants.