noun - Ultra marathon (also called ultra distance) on land is any running event longer than the traditional marathon length of 42.195K (26.2188 miles). An ultra marathon swim is similarly defined as any swim longer than the recently accepted marathon swim distance of 10 kilometers (6.2 miles). However, different interpretations of the minimum distance of an ultra marathon swim vary between 15 kilometers, 25 kilometers and 20 miles (the distance of the English Channel and Catalina Channel).
Driven, A Documentary of Marathon Swimming
- What Is A Marathon Swim?
- Doug McConnell Digs Deep vs. A Zillion Little Barbs
- Do Marathon Runs Compare To Marathon Swims?
- Longest Marathon Swims In The World
- What is The Defined Distance Of A Marathon Swim?
- Triathletes Are From Mars, Open Water Swimmers From Venus
- Marathon Swimming Is A Global Phenomena
- Luci Can Help Across The Tsugaru Channel