Walter Bean Scott
From OpenwaterpediaWalter Scott is an American open water swimmer and member of the La Jolla Cove Swim Club who will attempt a channel crossing from Santa Barbara Island to the coast of California, a distance of 37.7 miles (60.2 km) on 21 September 2013.
He also completed a Catalina Channel crossing on 3 September 2010 from Catalina to the mainland in 10 hours 53 minutes. He also successfully crossed the Anacapa Channel off the California coast near Santa Barbara in 2012 in 5 hours 48 minutes in a tandem swim with Michael Hird under the auspices of the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association.
Professionally, Scott is a graduate of the Harvard Law School, a practicing attorney, and a former Navy SEAL.
- Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association website
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Nighttrain 228
- Marathon Swimming
- The Night Train Going From Gaviota, Culminating In Coronado
- Marathon Swimming versus Marathon Running
- Blue And White And Perhaps Red All Over
- Swimming With Bait Balls
- Phil Cutti, Lead-off Man For Nighttrain228
- Prequel To Sequel
- Rough And Tough. No Guts, No Glory
- Night Train Swimmers Rocking Into Their Second Night
- Monday Monday, If You Can Believe Your Eyes And Ears
- Night Train Swimmers Think Big
- Will A SEAL Be Able To Follow Penny Palfrey?
- Follow A SEAL Across The Pacific
- La Jolla Cove Swim Club
- Walter Scott Following In The Wake Of Penny Palfrey