From Openwaterpediawaves that break offshore due to the wind. Whitecaps are irritating to open water swimmers because they tend to impede forward progress and reduce visibility.
The winds picked up in the afternoon leading to an ocean full of whitecaps.
- Facing Rough Water Out In The Open
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Swimming Strait - Tackling The Tsugaru
- Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association
- Successful Swimming Strategies In The Far East
- When You Least Expect The Unexpected, It Happens
- Surface Chop In Oceans versus Lakes
- Open Water Swimming To The Core