From Openwaterpediaopen water swimmer from Mitchellville, Maryland and the Terrapin Masters. He came in second at the 2012 25-mile In Search of Memphre, a cross-border swim from Newport, Vermont (USA) to Magog, Quebec (Canada) in the time of 12 hours 38 minutes. He also participated in the World 10-mile Swimming Championships held in Lake Memphremagog, Vermont on 6 July 2013 and was the first person to complete a double crossing at the Great Chesapeake Bay Swim on 7 June 2014 under the escort of CaptainEliot Powell. He finished second overall at the 15-mile (24.1 km) Border Buster marathon swim between Canada and the USA.
Shipp has been a competitive swimmer much of his life. He swam age group with the Solotar Swim Team and also swam for Herndon High School in Fairfax County, Virginia. He continued his competitve swimming career in college swimming for the George Washington University Colonials. He is a current masters swimmer registered with the Terrapin Masters team. He is also affiliated with the Arundel Breakfast Club (ABC Swimming) which is a group of fun loving yet dedicated open water swimmers who consider the Great Chesapeake Bay their home court open water event.
Shipp is managing director of the law firm of O'Malley, Miles, Nylen & Gilmore, P.A. and currently resides in Maryland with his wife and two daughters.
 Open Water Career
- Swim Across the Sound - 25 km (15.5 miles) in 10 hours 13 minutes
- In Search of Memphre - 25 miles - 2011 (attempt), 2012 (completed)
- Great Chesapeake Bay Swim - 4.4 miles - multiple crossings
- Kingdom Swim in Vermont - 10 miles in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Potomac River Swim -2012 (second overall)
- Double crossing of Chesapeake Bay - 2014 training swim from Sandy Point to Hemmingway's Beach. 8.8 miles official distance in 5 hours 3 minutes
 External Links
- U.S. Masters Swimming bio
- On Golden Pond
- O'Malley, Miles, Nylen & Gilmore, P.A.
- Kingdom Swim
- Rob Madell Proves It Is Never Too Late
- WOWSA Battle: Brian Phillips vs. Eric Nilsson
- Emma Otto-Moudry Can WOW The Crowd
- Pure As White In Lake Memphremagog
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- I Got Stung
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Shipp To Shore...Twice
- The Life And Times of Jim Doty
- Kingdom Swim Next Up
- Border Buster Is A Friendly Competition