Zhang Jian Open Water Swimming Team
From OpenwaterpediaZhang Jian of Beijing Sports University in China.
Dr. Zhang Jian is a marathon swimmer and coach from China and sports director at the Beijing Sports University in Beijing, China. In addition to crossing the English Channel, he has successfully crossed several open bodies of water in China, a member of the 24-hour club and is the founder of the Zhang Jian Open Water Swimming Team.
- Qiongzhou Strait - First Crossing, 29.5 km (18.3 miles) in 1988
- Bohai Bay - First Crossing, 123 km (76.4 miles) from Liaoning province to Guangdong province, China in 2000 in 50 hours 22 minutes
- Xingkai Lake - First Crossing, 69 km (42.8 miles) in Heilongjiang province in August 2010 in 36 hours 30 minutes
- Fuxianhu Lake - First Crossing in 12 hours 1 minute in 2001
- Ling-Ding Sea - First Crossing from Hong Kong to Macau in 2005 in 10 hours 43 minutes
- English Channel - Solo crossing from England to France in 11 hours 56 minutes in 2001
- Tianchi Lake - First Crossing of 3.3 km in 2001