Captain Bob Olin, a resident of Key West, Florida is an American escort pilot on the Straits of Florida. He owns and operates Sunluver Charters and holds a USCG 50 ton Master Captain's License with a Sailing Endorsement and has been a resident of Key West for over 6 years. He shares mariner duties on the Sunluver with his son Captain Mitch Olin.
Captain Bob spent Sunluver's first 2 years sailing the British Virgin Islands.
Florida Straits Crossings
- He guided Diana Nyad across the Florida Straits in 2011.
- He guided Penny Palfrey partway across the Florida Straits in 2012.
- He guided Chloe McCardel partway across the Florida Straits in 2013 from Cuba to Florida.
- He guided Cynthia Aguilar in her prone paddle across the Straits of Florida in 2011 that took over 29 hours.
- He guided Ben Friberg in a stand-up paddleboard 111 miles (179 km) voyage in 28 hours from the Hemingway marina, near the Cuban capital Havana, to Key West, Florida.
Built in 2006, Sunluver is a Lagoon 440 with the Owners Suite layout that offers guests a comfortable, enjoyable, and restful stay. Beautifully appointed rooms and countless amenities make Sunluver one of Key West's most desired private yachting experience. The catamaran by design has a more roomy interior and offers a smooth sailing experience without the "heeling" motion of a monohull that often causes sea sickness.
- Ben Friberg paddles from Cuba to Florida
- Diana Nyad website
- Penny Palfrey website
- Chloe McCardel website
- Sunluver Charters
- Penny Palfrey Press Conference On Her Cuba Swim
- Escort Pilots On The High Seas
- Chloë McCardel website
- Cynthia Aguilar's Paddle Across The Straits of Florida
- Is The Third Time A Charm? Sunluver With Chloë McCardel