- She served as the head coach of the USA Swimming national team.
- She served as the Olympic open water swimming team coach at the 2012 London Olympics, 2016 Rio Olympics, and 2020 Tokyo Olympics. *She served as the assistant coach at the University of Southern California.
- She is appointed to the FINA Coaches Commission for the 2017-2021 term.
- She has coached 3 world champions and 2 Olympic medalists in the 10 km distance: Chip Peterson, Haley Anderson, and Ous Mellouli.
- She was the head USA Swimming open water swimming coach at the 2009, 2014 and 2015 FINA World Championships and at the 2012 London Olympics, 2016 Rio Olympics, and 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- After 8 years with the Trojans, she became its Associate Head Coach for the men's and women's swim and diving team.
- She coached Chip Peterson, a 2005 world 10 km champion, and a number of world-class swimmers and Olympians at the Trojan Swim Club in Los Angeles, California with Dave Salo and Kevin Clements including 2012 Olympic 10K Marathon Swim silver medalist Haley Anderson and gold medalist Oussama Mellouli.
- She coached at the University of North Carolina, her alma mater where she was a top distance freestyler.
- She has helped guide 15 swimmers at USC to All-American honors, including Katinka Hosszu, a three-time NCAA champion.
- She coached Haley Anderson who was third in the 1650-yard freestyle and 6th in the 500-yard free at the 2011 NCAA Women’s Swimming Championships and won the Pacific-10 titles in both events. Anderson won gold in the 1500m free at the 2011 World University Games and was fourth in the 10 km at the USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Championships. Under Vogt's tutelage in 2010, Anderson was fourth in the 1650y at the NCAAs and was a consolation finalist in the 500y free. She represented the USA at the at the Pan Pacific Games, finishing 4th in the 10 km marathon swim and the 1500m free and 8th in the 800m free. At the 2010 World Open Water Championships, Anderson was fourth in the 25 km marathon swim. Also, USC's Richard Charlesworth finished just one spot (ninth) out of earning All-American honors in the 1650 yard free at the 2010 NCAAs.
Coach Kase served as head coach for the 2009 USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Team that competed at the 2009 World Swimming Championships in Rome, Italy where the swimmers won 1 silver medal, 1 bronze, posted five top 10 finishes and finished fourth in the overall team scoring among 46 nations. She served as assistant coach with the USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Team at the 2008 World Open Water Swimming Championships in Seville, Spain. She was also the head coach for USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Team at the 2008 Open Water test event at the 2008 Beijing Olympics course. She was the head coach for the American team at the 2006 Pan Pacific Open Water Swimming Championships in Long Beach, California and at the 2006 Pan American Games. She was also the assistant men's swimming coach at the 2006 Pan Am Games where she became the first woman to be named to an American men's team staff at an international competition. She also was an assistant coach at the USA Swimming National Select Open Water camps in 2006 and 2006, as well as at the 2005 World Swimming Championships and at the 2006 World Open Water Swimming Championships.
She has coached age group and senior swimmers that qualified and won medals at the World University Games, Open Water National Championships, World Open Water Swimming Championships, U.S. Senior National Championships, Junior Pan Pacific Games, World Championship Trials, and U.S. Olympic Trials, in addition to gold medal victories of Ous Mellouli and Haley Anderson in the 5 km races at the 2014 FINA World Championships in Barcelona, Spain.
Prior to coaching at North Carolina, Vogt coached at the Carteret Currents Swimming Club in North Carolina. She has also coached club teams in Virginia and Mississippi, and swam for North Carolina for four years in the distance freestyle (competing as Catherine Frock).
She graduated from the University of North Carolina in 2000 with degrees in education and psychology, and was named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll and Dean's List at UNC from 1996-99.
Her first baby, Carson Elizabeth, was born 1 October 2010.
Selected Open Water Swimming Athletes
2012 World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year Nomination
Day in and day out, early in the morning and late at night, University of Southern California coach Catherine Kase cares for her athletes with the maternal instincts of a tigeress. Beneath her perennial stunning smile lies a fiercely competitive nature. Her gorgeous blue eyes miss nothing and express much. The only coach at the 2012 London Olympics to personally coach both a male and female marathon swimming finalist, she went 2-for-2 in the Olympic 10K. Coach Vogt prepares her athletes strategically and tactically in practice so they can execute in the field of play. She exudes confidence that is implicitly understood and utilized by her athletes. With the Serpentine as her chess board, she advised the right moves at the right times for Haley Anderson (silver) and Ous Mellouli (gold). For her dedicated work on a daily basis, for her calm but intense demeanor on a feeding pontoon, on deck or onshore, for her success at the Olympics, Coach Catherine Vogt is a worthy nominee for the 2012 WOWSA Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year.
Kase won the 2005, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Glen S. Hummer Award.
- When Coach And Athlete Orbits Collide
- Women On The Water: Katherine Batts, Vicki Keith, Catherine Kase on WOWSA Live
- Catherine Makes A Kase For Open Water Swimming
- Compete and Cheer, But Don't Converse and Coordinate?!?
- A Possible Future For American Female Collegiate Athletic Opportunities
- Three Is A Charm For Catherine Kase
- Coaches Of The Olympic Marathon Swimmers Men
- Coaches Of The Olympic Marathon Swimming Women
- Olympic 10km Marathon Swim Summary and Predictions
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- He's Baaaackkkkk. The World Versus Ous
- Marathon Swimming
- USC Trojan Firepower Shows Up In Castaic Lake
- Rebecca Soni Going Long In The Sea
- Catherine Vogt, A Unique Blend Of Coaching Excellence
- Team USA Selects Haley Anderson As Its Anchor
- Marathon Swimming
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- Haley Anderson Is Going Home
- It's Where I Am Home
- Tyler Fenwick To Host American-style Battle Training
- Haley Anderson's Bright Smile Comes From Within
- Domestic Racing Bodes Well For International Competition
- Golden Goggles...And The Nominees Are...
- Team Santa Monica Honored In The Water And On Deck
- Haley Anderson Named Female OW Swimmer Of The Year
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swimming
- The California Open Water Swimming Oasis
- Why Haley Anderson Will Win The 10K In Rio Olympics
- Beauty, Brains And Trojan Brawn
- Catherine Vogt Recognized Again, Agan, And Again
- Catherine Vogt Joins FINA Coaches Committee
- The Open Water Swimming Issue
- Marathoning In Miami, Racing For The Olympics