David Mulcahy is an Irish open water swimmer and swim administrator. He is a native of Cork City, but lives in Glanworth near the town of Fermoy in the North of the county.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He is a member of Cork Masters SC.
- He is the founder of the masters swimming squad of Fermoy SC.
- He swam 10.5 km from Tallow Bridge to Camphire Bridge, River Bride, Co. Waterford on 15 August 2020.
- He is the pioneer of the new era of open water swimming in the River Blackwater and the Fermoy area. He began swimming in the river on the advice of local outdoor swimmer], Tom Baker of Fermoy.
- He began an annual swim in the river with Cork Masters SC in 1999. This swim became the Martin Duggan Memorial Swim in 2009 and is now a Sandycove Island SC event. Mulcahy is still involved in the administration of this event.