808eSharkForce is a company designing and offering Electronic Shark Defense System (ESDS), shark deterrent systems, founded by Wilson Vinano Jr. Vinano is a long-time Honolulu surfer who markets the eSharkForce Ultimate Shark Protection with a surf leash for US$549.99
Electronic Shark Defense System
The ESDS is a small, shark deterrent device that repels sharks from the area while in the ocean thus, increasing the user’s safety. The ESDS sends pulses through the water that are easily detected by a shark’s sensory system, causing them to stay out of the signal range while keeping surfers, divers, and swimmers safe from encounters with sharks. The device is attached by a strap, similar to surfboard or stand-up paddle board leash to the ankle. When the ESDS senses water, it turns on automatically and can last up to 9 hours before recharging. The device measures 2.6 x 2.3 x 1.0 inches and weighs about seven ounces.
Molokai Channel Swimming
- eSharkForce Offers Free Shark Protection Units
- Surfer Envisions, Launches Electronic Shark Defense System
- 808 eSharkForce
- Patents by Wilson Vinano Jr.
- Electronic Shark Defense System information
- 3D Innovations
- When A Shark Interupts A Channel Crossing
- Ashiko's Wild Adventure Across Molokai
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming