Open Water Swimming Career
- Betanzos competes on the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 FINA 10KM Marathon Swimming World Cup pro circuit.
- Betanzos finished second in the 2013 Por La Libre (El Cruce) in Cancun, Mexico.
- Betanzos won the 1.25 km race at the VIII Maratón de Aguas Abiertas de Bacalar in Quintana Roo, Mexico in June 2013.
- Betanzos won the 2016 Por La Libre (10 km El Cruce) in Cancun, Mexico in 1 hour 57 minutes.
- Betanzos won the 2017 Por La Libre (10 km El Cruce) in Cancun, Mexico in 2 hours 1 minute 41 seconds.
- He finished 46th in the 5 km at the 2017 FINA World Swimming Championships in Lake Balaton, Hungary on 15 July.
- He competed in the FINA Olympic Marathon Swim Qualifier for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in Setúbal Bay, Portugal on 20 June 2021.
- Matan Roditi Is Heading To The Tokyo Olympic Games
- Athanasios Kynigakis Is Heading To The Tokyo Olympic Games
- Watch The Olympic Qualification Race – Takeshi Toyoda Of Japan In Lead
- Hector Pardoe Is Heading To The Tokyo Olympic Games
- Fernando Betanzos, El Cruce Champion
- 2011 FINA 10K World Cup
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- The Start Of El Cruce From Cancun To Isla Mujeres
- Mano-a-Mano In The Sea
- VIII Maratón de Aguas Abiertas de Bacalar