Ice Swimming Career
- He completed an ice swim, 1.4 km in the 2°C waters of Loch Faskally, known as the gateway to the Scottish Highlands with Ram Barkai. Pike swam 45 minutes without a wetsuit or neoprene swim cap in air temperature of -2°C.
- He completed an ice mile in March 2014 in Paradaise Bay, Antarctica in 0.50°C water and 1°C air in 25:56 to become an Ice Zero Swimmer.
Antarctic Circle Ice Challenge
Pike is a member of the unprecedented ice swim by six South African ice swimmers south of the Antarctic Circle at 66.5622° South: Toks Viviers, Andrew Chin, Ryan Stramrood, Kieron Palframan, and Ram Barkai. Ryan Stramrood, Ram Barkai and Kieron Palframan attempted an Ice mile in Neko Harbour in Antarctica. Andrew Chin did a 1 km swim while Toks Viviers and Pike completed an ice mile in Paradise Harbour in Antarctica in -1ºC (40.2ºF) water in March 2014 amid orcas, icebergs, and leopard seals.
- Arctic, Antarctica, BiPolar Ice Swimmers Announced by the International Ice Swimming Association
- Josef Köberl Is Confined To Set A Unique Distance And Altitude Ice Swimming Record
- Zero Ice Miles In Antarctica And Around The World
- Antarctic Circle Ice Challenge: The Goal, The Men, The Cause
- Antarctic Circle Challenge, An Ice Swimming Hall Of Fame Honor Event
- Ram Barkai and Gavin Pike in Loch Faskally
- Antartica Circle Ice Challenge: The Goal, Men And Cause
- Raising Money, Training For Antarctic Circle Ice Challenge
- Ram Barkai Facebook page
- Ryan Stramrood Facebook page
- Andrew Chin Facebook page
- Toks Viviers Facebook page
- Kieron Palframan Facebook page
- Gavin Pike Facebook page
- Supermen Swim Past Icebergs, Orcas At Bottom Of World
- Where Landmarks Are Pure Snowy White
- Fearless And Frozen At The Bottom Of The World
- How Low Can They Go?
- Top (Ice) Milers In History
- Rostislav Vitek Breaks Ice Mile Record
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- International Ice Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Extending The Extreme Swim Boundaries To 0°C
- Ice Sevens, A New Paradigm In Ice Swimming
- Jaimie Monahan Experiencing Life Extremely
- The New Arctic Presents Challenges
- Ice Zero Swimmers