Graham Barratt is a British open water swimmer who was the first person to swim Lake Bala butterfly 3.25 miles across the lake at the age of 33 in 1992 in a time of 1 hour 47 minutes. He is also recorded as the first individual to swim across the lake breaststroke two ways 6.5 miles in 1988.
The former swimming coach and teacher still regularly swims two miles at the Cheltenham Sandford Lido with the second mile often being butterfly depending on whether the swim lane is busy. "I don’t warm up or do sets these days, just 2 miles to burn the calories, and it takes me a little longer. I still feel a sense of achievement every time I do it though."
- Flat Abs, Fitness And Fly
- Butterfly Can Be Brutal
- List Of Butterfly Swims In The Open Water
- The Toughest, Gnarliest Open Water Swimmers Around
- What Is The World's Most Difficult Sports Move?
- Brutal ... Butterfly In The Open Water
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Things Open Water Swimmers Never Say