Haruyuki Ishii is the long-time coach and trainer of the Japanese Queen of the Channel Miyuki Fujita.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- Ishii established and runs the Tsugaru Strait Swimming Association that governs solo and relay crossings of the Tsugaru Channel.
- He coached and escorted Miyuki Fujita on a solo single crossing of the Tsugaru Channel (Honshu-to-Hokkaido) in 11 hours 36 minutes in 2005.
- He coached and escorted Miyuki Fujita on a 3-leg crossing of the Tsugaru Channel in a cumulative time of 37 hours 24 minutes. The first crossing was on 31 August 2006, the second crossing was on 2 September 2006, the third crossing was on 4 September 2006 between Honshu and Hokkaido in northern Japan.
- Members of the 24-hour Club
- Swimming Strait - Tackling The Tsugaru
- Miyuki Fujita In Her Own Words
- Tsugaru Strait Swimming Association
- Samurai Spirit Lives In The Channel
- From The Sea of Japan To The Pacific Ocean
- Miyuki Fujita Breaks World Record
- Samurai Spirit Lives in Channel
- Welcome to the English Channel
- Open Water Swimming website
- Free Wi-Fi In Japan For Foreign Swimmers
- Free Wi-Fi In Japan For Foreign Swimmers And Crew