Ibiza (Catalan: Eivissa) is an island in the Mediterranean Sea 79 km off the coast of Valencia in Spain. It is the third largest of the Balearic Islands and site of a growing number of open water swims.
Open Water Swimming
- Anna Wardley will attempt the Balearic Swim Challenge that will see her swim between Minorca, Mallorca, Ibiza to the mainland of Spain between September and December 2015.
- Tita Llorens attempted a 90 km solo swim between Eivissa and Dénia in July 2016.
- Tita Llorens won the the 2017 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year for her 73 km solo attempt to swim between Ibiza and Javea in Islas Baleares.
- On 27 July 2018, Tita Llorens completed a 101.6 km swim between the Spanish mainland and Ibiza across the Canal de Ibiza in 36 hours 16 minutes at the age of 49.
Eivissa to Dénia
- 2020 WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year Nominees
- WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year
- Tita Llorens En Español On WOWSA Live
- Ibiza Tourism website
- Around Ibiza
- Margarita Tita Llorens Goes 2 For 2 In Ibiza-Mallorca
- Unimos las Islas - Unim les Illes - Join the Islands
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Tita Llorens To Try 90 km Swim Between Eivissa And Dénia
- Tita To Try Try Again - 90 km from Ibiza To Jávea
- Margarita Llorens Bagur Wins 2017 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year
- WOWSA ... Tita Is Off Again
- Too Tough Tita
- Tita Llorens Is Number One