Majorca or Mallorca (Catalan: Mallorca) is an island located in the Mediterranean Sea. It is the largest island in the Balearic Islands archipelago, in Spain. Like the other Balearic Islands of Minorca, Ibiza, and Formentera, the island is an extremely popular holiday destination, particularly for tourists from Germany, Ireland, Poland, the Scandinavian countries, and the United Kingdom.
Open Water Swimming
- Mallorca is site of the 2014 BEST FEST, a 10-event, 7-day open water swimming competition that is one of the World's Top 100 Island Swims, as well as the SwimTrek open water swimming camps.
- Righardt Krugel completed a 276.5 km unassisted stage swim around Mallorca that took 22 days and 95 hours 58 minutes in total.
- Anna Wardley is attempting the Balearic Swim Challenge where she will swim between Minorca, Mallorca, Ibiza to the mainland of Spain between September and December 2015.
- The Mallorca Channel is a 84 km (52.3-mile) channel between the islands of Ibiza and Mallorca.
- Pilar Geijo offers a 3-day intensive open water swimming clinic on 23-26 March 2018 on Mallorca.
- Mallorca Open Swim offers numerous coastal swim routes on Mallorca.
The name derives from Latin insula maior, "larger island"; later Maiorica, "the larger one" in comparison to Minorca, "the smaller one".
2020 WOWSA Awards
Mallorca Open Swim by Boris Nowalski was nominated for the 2020 WOWSA Awards in the World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year with the following nomination: The waters around Mallorca vary in shades of sea greens and blues, from azure and baby blue to turquoise and royal blue. The beautiful coastline are the sites of Mallorca Open Swim sessions organized by Boris Nowalski. Mallorca is the largest island in the Balearic Islands archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea and popular holiday destination. Nowalski knows where the best coastal spots are to explore on any given day based on the local weather and climate conditions. For finding the optimal location for all swimmers can visit and enjoy swims along dozens of 42 different coastal courses on the island, for taking care of everything for their guests from safety protocols and improving stroke technique, and for providing memorable adventures and unique experiences in new destinations in the Mediterranean Sea, Mallorca Open Swim by Boris Nowalski is a worthy nominee for the 2020 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
- Young Canadians Swept Colonia Classic 3 at BEST Fest In Spain
- Open Water Swimming
- Mark Perry Bringing Out the BEST at the Fest
- Boris Nowalski Takes To The Sea In Order To Help Save It
- Tita Llorens En Español On WOWSA Live
- March - May In Majorca For Marathoners
- Best Of The Rest At The Best Fest
- Anne Wardley Heading Around Jersey By Way Of Singapore
- Margarita Llorens To Attempt 83 km Swim In Menorca
- Marathon Swimming
- Margarita Tita Llorens Goes 2 For 2 In Ibiza-Mallorca
- BEST FEST Takes A Week To Enjoy
- BEST FEST Open Water website
- How Is The Water In Colonia Sant Jordi?
- Don't Mess With The BEST 'Cause the Best Don't Mess
- 10 Open Water Swims In 7 Days In Mallorca
- The King Holds Court In The Open Water
- What Goes Around, Comes Around - The Mallorca 360º
- Mallorca 360º
- Around Mallorca By Righardt Krugel
- Brotherly Love Turns Dreams Into Reality
- Allen Graham Charity for Kids
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Minutiae On Mallorca 360º
- Richard Krugel Looks Back At Mallorca 360°
- Tita To Try Try Again - 90 km from Ibiza To Jávea
- Pilar Geijo Offers Intensive Clinic In Mallorca