Open Water Swimming Career
- He assisted Stephen Redmond in his attempts across the Tsugaru Channel in Japan, the last one which was successful in 12 hours 45 minutes as the last stage of the Oceans Seven.
- He competed in the 4th Eastern Bay Invitational International Ice Mile Swim in Lough Dan Scout Centre, County Wicklow, south of Dublin, Ireland on 6 February 2016.
- He attempted a 14.4 km crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar.
- He completed a 21 km crossing to Fastnet Rock from Fastnet Rock to the Baltimore Pier in Ireland in 2014.
Eastern Bay Invitational International Ice Mile Swim
- Gráinne Moss Continues To Push Boundaries
- David Conradie Completes A Fastnet Rock Crossing
- Dillane And The Dolphins
- Noel Browne's Fastnet Swim
- 4th Eastern Bay Invitational International Ice Mile Swim
- International Ice Swimming Association
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- The Many Meanings Of DNF
- Open Water Swimming
- Stephen Redmond Achieves The Oceans Seven
- Stephen Redmond, Irish Icon Jet Setting In Cannes
- Stephen Redmond's Next Big Step From Ireland To Wales
- John Ryan Out-miles Fergal Somerville, Carole Laporte