Plastic Disclosure Project
noun - Plastic Disclosure Project or PDP Sport (www.plasticdisclosure.org) is a program aimed at preventing and eliminating plastic waste at sports events. It was launched at the Clinton Global Initiative by Ocean Recovery Alliance as a way to bring about large scale prevention of plastic waste. This is an investor and multi-stakeholder driven program to encourage companies and other institutions to measure their plastic footprint and develop plastic management strategies to create a world where plastic adds value to businesses without negatively impacting the environment. It was chosen as one of the nominees for the 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
The approach is simple: an annual disclosure request is sent on behalf of socially responsible investors and other community stakeholders to companies around the world that are users of plastic in their products or services, asking them to measure their plastic footprint. The goal is to inspire improved strategies for lessening plastic's impact on the environment, managing the material in more efficient ways, and treating it as a resource instead of a waste product. This includes less waste in the supply chain, more recycling within one's user-base, more recycled content, new design, and the use of new materials.
The Plastic Disclosure Project was nominated for the 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year award.
- The State Of Plastic Recycling Around The World By Doug Woodring
- Plastic Disclosure Project
- Animals Don’t Like Swimming Through Plastic And Neither Do Humans
- PDP Sport
- A Valuable Disclosure, Maximizing Plastic's Value
- What Is An Ocean Advocate?
- Environmental Friendliness In The Open Water Community
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Plastic Disclosure Project Making A Difference
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- What A Cool Field Day For Kids
- YakSwimmers Take To The Open Water In Hong Kong
- Doug Woodring Wins Prince’s Prize for Innovative Philanthropy
- Putting Words Into Concrete Action In Turkey