Simon Dominguez is an open water swimmer from Sydney, Australia currently living in Marin County in northern California. He is the president of the South End Rowing Club in San Francisco Bay, California.
Open Water Swimming Career
- He is a member of the Night Train Swimmers.
- He is a crew member of the attempts governed by the Farallon Islands Swimming Federation.
- He swims with North Bay Aquatics Masters, the South End Rowing Club and the Night Train Swimmers in the US and the Bondi Icebergs Winter Swimming Club and North Bondi Surf Lifesaving Club in Australia.
- He coaches part-time for North Bay Aquatics Masters Swim Club.
- He has completed a crossing of Lake Tahoe in 2013.
- He has completed a 33.5 km crossing of English Channel in 2014 with escort pilot Reg Brickell.
- He has completed a Two-way Farallon relay in 2015.
- He has completed the 6-mile Bondi to Watson's Bay Swim in 2010.
- He was pulled due to a shark encounter with a Great White Shark on mile 25 of his Farallon Islands attempt in July 2015.
Open Water Friday
Two-way Farallon Relay
He was a member of the unprecedented attempt at a two-way Farallon relay, a 6-person 60-mile (95.6 km) relay from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Farallon Islands in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of San Francisco Bay, on 25 April 2015. They stopped on a one-way crossing at the buoy located at Fisherman's Cove at the South Farallon Island after 29.68 miles in 14 hours 9 minutes in rough seas. The swim was sanctioned by the Farallon Islands Swimming Association. Members included Emily Kreger, Patti Bauernfeind, Simon Dominguez, Kim Chambers, Ashley Horne, Dave Holscher, Kate Webber, Captain Vito Bialla, co-captain Patrick Horn, and David Ogden, M.D.
Farallon Islands Attempt and Documentary
The members of the Night Train Swimmers completed the first 1-mile circumnavigation swim around Chocolate Chip rock, starting at Devil's Teeth in the Farallon Islands and included Vito Bialla, Dave Holscher, Kim Chambers, Kate Weber, Simon Dominguez, and Ashley Horne on 12 July 2015 amid the presence of Great White Sharks. The Farallon Islands are a group of islands and sea stacks in the Gulf of the Farallones, off the coast of San Francisco, California, United States.
- Simon Dominguez, Mauricio Prieto, Antonio Argüelles On Open Water Friday
- Simon Dominguez With Antonio Argüelles On Open Water Friday
- Night Train Swimmer Simon Dominguez
- Mighty Joe Takes Off From Devil's Teeth In The Farallons
- Simon Domiguez Storming Through The Open Water
- Another Epic Relay Attempt - A Two-way Farallon Relay
- Simon Says In The Open Water
- Bumpy, Bouncy And Blowing 15 Knots
- Towering Waves Call It A Night
- When Sharks Appear In The Open Water
- Farallons Freestyling, A Chocolate Chip Circumnavigation
- Night Train Swimmers
- Playing With Pinnipeds 30 Miles From The Mainland
- Capturing The Mood, Mindset And Mission of Marathoners
- Simon Dominguez Is Circled And Pulled
- When Sharks Circle
- How Do You Prepare For An Open Water Swim?
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimming
- Data Search For Lake Tahoe Marathon Swims
- From The Golden State To The Farallones
- What Is On The Menu In The Open Water?
- How Do You Prepare For Sharks?
- How Can You Not Panic?
- Paige Turns a Page In Her Young Career
- Chasing Amy, Where Perception And Reality Clash