Dr. Stephen Autry is a 69-year-old orthopaedic surgeon from The Villages, Florida.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- He is a member of the Half Century Club.
- He achieved the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming by virtue of his swimming across the English Channel and the Catalina Channel as well as completing a circumnavigation around Manhattan Island.
- On 22 September 2007, he crossed the English Channel from England to France in 16 hours 5 minutes 55 seconds.
- On 14 June 2008, he swim 10 km in Hartwell Lake in 3 hours 9 minutes 37 seconds at the age of 60.
- On 2 August 2008, he competed in the Boston Light Swim in Massachusetts in 3 hours 48 minutes 6 seconds at the age of 60.
- On 24 July 2009, he completed the 45.8 km Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in New York in 8 hours 37 minutes 33 seconds at the age of 61.
- On 15 September 2009, he completed a 32.3 km crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 12 hours 51 minutes.
- NYC Swim bio
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation website
- Channel Swimming Association website
- NYC Swim website
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- The Doctor To Kickoff New Year's 24 Times
- Marathon Swimming
- Triple Crowners Showcase Their Fountain Of Youth - Age of Triple Crowners
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio