Take It to the Limit: Endurance: How to Build It into Everything You Do
Take It to the Limit: Endurance : How to Build It into Everything You Do is a paperback written by Julie Ridge and published in January, 1985.
Julie Ridge is an American marathon swimmer who was inducted in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame in 1985 as an Honour Swimmer. She is the president and founder of the Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation that she established in 2013 in her father’s honor. Ridge performed on Broadway, is a published author and motivational speaker. Now a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with over 20 years experience, she serves children, adolescents, and families.
Open Water Swimming Career
- On 10 September 1982, she completed a crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 17 hours 55 minutes.
- On 10-11 July 1983, she became the first person to complete a double 91.8 km circumnavigation swim around Manhattan Island in New York City, USA in 21 hours 2 minutes 41 seconds in 1983, earning her a guest appearance on the David Letterman Show (first loop was 8 hours 42 minutes; second loop was 12 hours 20 minutes 41 seconds).
- On 26 August 1984, she completed a 45.8 km circumnavigation swim around Manhattan Island in New York City in 8 hours 37 minutes 22 seconds.
- In 1984, she completed the Hawaii Ironman triathlon.
- In 1985, she set a Guinness Book of World Records by swimming a 28.5 mile circumnavigation swim around Manhattan Island each day for 5 consecutive days
- On 9 August 1986, she completed a 45.8 km circumnavigation swim around Manhattan Island in New York City in 8 hours 9 minutes 9 seconds at the age of 29.
- Between 1982 and 1991, she helped organize the Manhattan Island Swimming Association and the Manhattan Island Marathon Swim between 1982 and 1991
- In 1990, she bicycled across America with her father, Frank Ridge.
- Julie Ridge Talks About Swimming Around Manhattan On WOWSA Live
- History Of Swimming Around Manhattan Island
- Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation
- Canadian Heroine Leaves Her Mark On Land, In The Water
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame website
- The Courage And Grit Of Christian Jongeneel
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- NYC Swim official website
- Open Water Swimming Books And Movies
- Curriculum Offerings Of The Open Water
- How Do You Define Open Water Swimming?
- Christian Jongeneel Double Manhattan Circumnavigation
- Julie Ridge Marathon Swimmers Federation
- Déjà Vu With Julie Ridge Taking It To The Limit